Search ANYTHING

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Great Depression.

Okay, from what the title reads it may sound like I'm about to give a boring history lesson. But I'm not. I'm going to talk about the Great Depression that happens to us as the youth. From what I've seen in our community, depression most likely happens to those teenagers who are looked as a target by bullies or personal problem. For example, studies show that teenagers across America has depression from:


  1. Stress
  2. School/studying
  3. Body images
  4. Family problems
  5. Sexuality 


Theses problems can even lead to suicidal deaths so this matter is really serious.

Quick Lesson: Bullies are people who basically torture another person (victim) with petty and hurtful remarks and/or physically. It's a nicer way of saying they are assholes.

The kids who are quiet or is called a 'nerd' or a 'dork' might get bullied. A kid that is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or transgender might be bullied. The kid who always get good grades, has good behavior, and/or has a good relationship with a teacher(s) may also get bullied. Not to brag but I'm that kid who majority of the time gets good grades and gets teachers respect. The trick is, is being a good person. I have personal experience of a person judging me for being different. For loving heroes and comic. I've been called a time boy, a boy, and a freak. Bullies just hate people who are successful because THEY ARE JEALOUS. No other reason. Jealousy is the number one reason why they are torturing us, awesome teenagers. It's also because they know they'll end up working at McDonalds or some fast food restaurant while we'll be probably getting into a great college and work a career of our dreams (That is if we stay on the RIGHT track). All they want to go is bring us down with them and we can't allow it. Don't worry about bullies, okay? Be brave and stand up to those douche pants saying, "F*** OFF!". That's how you get a bully away from you.

If you have other problem in school or studying, I'll tell you how to solve the problem. Don't stress about it. Stay calm because really, it's only a number. Your grades and your GPA is only a number. It doesn't define who you are as a person. But since, your parents will bother you constantly about it, just try your best. Ask for a tutor if needed, and ask your teacher many questions because those answers make the teacher and your parents proud. Oh and don't forget to have fun while learning! It's torturous to not have fun...Ugh, don't get me started.

Another way that a teenager can get depressed is from how they look. I mean, seriously? Why is this such a big problem? Everyone is human and we are all God's creations so we, of course look beautiful and handsome. On the inside and out. But of course, we have those jerks in the world that might tease you because you being too fat or too skinny. Too tall, or too short. One answer to that:
Listen to "Firework" by Katy Perry and "All about that Bass" by Meghan Trainer
Theses songs tells you that it is all right! No matter how you look, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! If you wanna be LGBT, it's fine with me! That's your choice and I respect you and others should too. Be yourself and never change because others tell you to. And you never forget it because I only have one copy of this post.

Now family problems may be a difficult topic... It's hard living in the house with the father and mother arguing 24/7 or is getting divorced. Maybe it's something worse like parents doing drugs or smoking cigarettes. You may be trapped in your room while your life outside the door is a living hell. But I will tell you this. Stay strong because giving up...Giving up is going to make your problem or situation worse. Stay yourself and if your parents are bad model for you, I'm sorry but forget them. Because if they were really good parent they would care for you instead of getting into illegal business. As for myself, I look up to superheroes. I know, I know... it's cheesy but those heroes show me that you will prevail. It may not be within 30 minutes or an hours but soon. Trust me...

All of this to say people....Be YOURSELF and don't let anyone change. No matter how skinny, or big, or your sexuality or anything else.

This message is given to you by Fifi W. from G+ (Mystic is another name I go by) 

No comments:

Post a Comment